Small Molecule NMR Conference - SMASH 2013
22nd-25th of September - Santiago de Compostela, Spain
This year's SMASH 2013 meeting being held in Santiago de Compostela, Spain the 22nd-25th of September.
Upgraded talks will again be a part of this year's program. Each session will have a short talk selected from submitted posters before the deadline. Those interested in being considered as an upgraded talk should submit their abstract (as a poster) before June 30th. Those applying for upgrades will be notified by July 16th. Please note that posters abstracts for the general Poster session will be accepted until just before the meeting.
SMASH is offering Student/Post-Doc financial assistance in the form of scholarships and a reduced registration fee of $180 USD. A limited number of scholarships are awarded to Students and Post-Docs. Please visit the SMASH Scholarship page for more details and the application form. The Scholarship application deadline is June 30th. Scholarship applicants will receive notification by July 16th.
The SMASH 2013 Program Chairs have put together a variety of sessions/workshops/tutorials:
- Exotic NMR-active Nuclei in Small Molecules
- Molecular Interactions by NMR
- Structural Elucidation: Different Approaches and Insights
- New Developments in NMR Methodology
- Reaction Monitoring and Quantitation
- Solid State NMR in Pharma
- Integration of NMR Metabolomics with Other Platforms and Omics
- Methods of Analysis for Food Ingredients and Products
- Determination of Stereochemistry by NMR
- Advances in Conformation Analysis and Dynamics by NMR
- After Dinner Speaker: Professor Santiago Alvarez
This year, there are additional NMR related activities that may be of interest to SMASH attendees following the conclusion of the SMASH meeting. The Ultrafast 2D NMR Symposium will be held at the University Thursday 26 September. Tutorial lectures and discussions will be held in the morning while the afternoon will be devoted to practical demonstrations. Registration is free but required. Additionally, the GERMN (NMR division of the Royal Society of Chemistry Spain) together with MestreLab will have a one day session, Friday 27 September, focusing on Advances in NMR Methodology and Processing.